The Blueworx Voice Response (BVR) release 7.19 adds robust functionality further advancing BVR’s ability to provide access to artificial intelligence (AI) through all IVR application models.
VoiceXML Virtual Assistant Integration
Blueworx Voice Response 7.19 allows a VoiceXML application to interact directly with an IBM Watson Virtual Assistant, providing a direct alternative to an MRCP speech server for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and Text-to-Speech (TTS) capability when using VoiceXML.
This change is a continuation of our drive to provide access to AI through all IVR application models in Blueworx Voice Response.
- Fully capable replacement to Nuance/Lumenvox as an ASR provider within VoiceXML.
- Provides complete “Tier 4” speech capability by leveraging the Speech-to-Text (STT) services of Watson.
- Utilizes custom grammar format to enable the Virtual Assistant and custom response data from the Virtual Assistant, while still supporting standards compliant VoiceXML.
IBM Speech-to-Text (STT)
- IBM STT now uses WebSockets for asynchronous results and improved reliability and speed
- Added “input detection mode” option to advance how BVR detects the start of speech
Watson Assistant CCXML integration
- New parameter: max speech duration, determines the maximum amount of speech to observe once initial input has been detected before completing the result
- Allows specific parameters to be changed on a per prompt basis