Let’s face it, contact centers are not that exciting – but times, they are a changing. This next year the focus across the board will be on the customer journey. Customers are not just buying products anymore, they are buying experiences. We’ve put together a list of facts to show you just how crucial the customer experience is and will continue to be, both now and in the future.
6 Fun Contact Center Facts to Start Off 2018:
- By 2020, Gartner predicts that 25% of contact center operations across all channels will integrate some form of virtual customer assistant.
- $62 Billion will be lost by US companies due to bad customer experiences according to a NewVoiceMedia Study.
- A Help Scout study revealed that customer service agents failed to provide adequate answers 50% of the time.
- According to Statistica, agents are handling 58% of customer interactions. The combined usage of the web, email, IVR and chat channels is less than 35%.
- Spending on cognitive and AI solutions will grow more than 59% per IDC.
- According to a Webby research report, 70% of Millennials prefer some other channel to voice.
So great, we’ve given you all this data, but what’s it really mean for your contact center?
- Companies are losing revenue opportunities by not providing quality interactions.
- As the Millennials grow in buying power, contact centers need to re-balance their infrastructure to accommodate the need for an omnichannel customer journey.
- If your company isn’t investing in the cognitive, omnichannel contact center, your competition is.