Businesses experience many challenges in their contact centers as they try to provide the best customer service possible. In a previous blog, we covered the challenge of attrition in the contact center. (https://www.blueworx.com/resolving-the-contact-centers-top-challenges-with-ai/) An additional factor in keeping customers and employees satisfied and engaged is the self-service experience.
The Contact Center Pipeline’s survey lists the four major challenges faced by businesses trying to satisfy both agents and customer needs. They are:
- High agent attrition
- Lack of/poor cross-departmental collaboration
- Insufficient self service
- Inability to meet service level for average speed of answer
A customer’s expectations and a business’s ability to deliver on those expectations often vary, leaving a large gap. Customer loyalty is quickly eroded if needs are not met immediately and accurately. Only 13% of customers show the level of loyalty that would prevent them from leaving for competitors because of a contact center service issue. So how can incorporating Artificial Intelligence (AI) into self-service delivery help contact centers meet expectations?
Self Service and Speed of Answer
Let’s face it, self-service and the speed of an answer are inexorably intertwined. The key is to strike a balance where callers can get the information they need, with the least amount of pain, in the shortest period of time. Today, an average 40% of self service customers either transfer to an agent or call back to talk to an agent. Couple that with changing customer expectations and contact centers that aren’t striving to improve their service delivery – and you’ve got a formula for disaster.
So how can integrating AI improve self-service and speed of answer?
- Route calls more effectively: Integrating AI into the front lines of the contact center can triage calls quickly and determine which calls can be handled with self-service and which should immediately be routed to an agent. This means that your caller gets to where they need to be faster. There’s no longer a need to route calls through a maze of prompts only to transfer them to agent in the end.
- Personalize service: An AI solution offers the ability to individualize responses and reduce the number of IVR menus needed to get the caller to the right place. This personalized call flow assists in reducing time to resolution and customer frustration.
- Prioritize High Value Customers: The ability to understand who is calling by accessing customer profile data enables a call flow with AI to prioritize customers and serve the highest value customers first.
- Assist Agents: Typically, agents have to sift through countless knowledge base articles quickly to find the right answer, often taking too much time and causing frustration on both ends. AI engines can quickly access data and present agents with the best option. This allows them to deliver a personalized solution to that customer within a minimal amount of time.
Delivering more intelligent self-service solutions that work with the agent is key to reducing the customer experience gap. As a result, your contact center operates in a more efficient and effective manner.
To learn more on how AI engines can improve your contact center, visit us at www.blueworx.com/contact/